sample
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Structure

2 posters

Go down

Forum Structure Empty Forum Structure

Post  Serryn - Design Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for setting up the all brand new Sample forum!

Just some thoughts / suggestions on the current forum structure: Is it possible to establish set categories within the main forum structure? - Like individual forums within the sample forum its self, i.e:

Studio Managers, Image Editors, Art Directors etc.

Then within those categories, discussion topics (sometimes known as 'threads') can be created, then within those individual topics discussion can take place. E.g.

Current Structure:

Sample Home - Discussion topics - Replies to topic.

Proposed Structure:

Sample Home - Magazine Role Categories - Discussion topics ('threads' with each of the role categories) - Replies to Topic.

OR

Sample Home + Magazine Role Categories (on forum home page) - Discussion topics ('threads' within each of the role categories) - Replies to Topic.

As I understand it , currently we only have one area whereby topics can be created - On the main topic discussion page.
I'm a little concerned under the current topic structure that a long list posts and replies various topics related to individual groups / roles within the Magazine will become mashed together, making it difficult to track various topics raised within a topic.
I feel that the addition of the magazine role categories within the main forum structure will enable the various issues raised relevant to each role within the magazine easier to manage, view and reply to.

I understand however this may not be possible due to the fixed parameters set by the forum host, or by my lack of understanding of forum usage Smile

Kind Regards,
Serryn.
Serryn - Design
Serryn - Design

Back to top Go down

Forum Structure Empty reply

Post  Admin Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:53 am

hope this is to your liking now.

any other suggestions, from anyone. let me know.
even if this now seems quite entailed, you'll get use to it.
cheers. mic ADMIN

Admin
Admin

http://sample.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down